Blade Motor Group celebrated its 21st anniversary with an awards evening held exclusively for its motorcycle division. The evening was presented by the inimitable Steve Parrish, with his own unique brand of humour and bike chatter. The winners were chosen by a combination of staff nominations and analysis of personal performance.
The winners were:
- Employee of the year – Kirsty Phelps, pictured – Hard working, nothings too much trouble, knowledgeable, friendly and supportive at all times.
- Dealership of the year – Blade Motorcycles Stratford – Consistent over budget performance, great ‘team’ ethic, excellent customer service.
- Most improved dealership – Blade Motorcycles Swindon – Becoming our 3rd most profitable business in 3years.
- Dealer Principle of the year – Consistent over budget performance, great ‘team’ leadership and customer service ethos and all round good guy.
- ‘Mikkie Mahon’ Sales person of the year – Nigel Elphick – 420 bikes sold single headedly with over budget profit retention and exceptional customer service.
- Service Manager of the year – John Jefferies – Tireless enthusiasm, energy, drive and volume, consistent over budget performance with excellent customer service.
- Parts person of the year – Ian Smith – Exceptional customer service and industry knowledge, consistent over budget performance, complete stock management, conscientious, enthusiastic.
- Technician of the year – Gerry Ascott – Many, many years of service to the Industry, vast knowledge, enthusiasm and passion. Apparently may want to retire at some point?
- Clothing Sales person of the year – Vikki Reed – Exceptional customer service, passion for Harley-Davidson, consistent over budget performance, great stock control, best ‘Online sales in 2015’ conscientious, helpful.
- F&I sales performance of the year – Performance Triumph Cheltenham – 47% increase in F&I revenue in 2 years! Outstanding Performance.
After a three-course meal the awards were presented by Blade Motorcycles director Chris Waldron and Parrish, then the evening was rounded off with live entertainment provided by Blade’s own Darren Neal (DP Blade Motorcycles Village, Swindon) and his band Supernova!
Since launching in 1995 Blade Group has steadily grown its business and today represents six car brands and fourteen motorcycle brands from twenty four dealerships across Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Warwickshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Bristol, Somerset and the West Midlands.
Waldron told BDN: “This growth has been achieved through the recognition that the only way to gain customer loyalty and support in this fast-paced digital age is through the commitment and ability of our staff, who we strive to continually develop to maintain the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
“The awards night is a fantastic opportunity to get all 10 dealerships together, thank the teams for all their hard work and highlight some outstanding individual performances in 2015.”
Full report and more pictures in the February issue of BDN.