style=”font-size: 13.008px; line-height: 20.0063px;”> ADVERTISING FEATURE
This non-integrated airbag is the only electronic system that fits under any jacket, giving riders the freedom to wear any of their favourite jackets without interfering with how it looks. The system is also compatible with the Ixon Vortex 2 suit, which has been designed with the airbag system in mind.
We understand it’s all about safety, as well as style. The Ixon airbag has this well covered too, using a number of sensors fitted in the system to detect movement, position, speed and a number of other parameters whilst you ride.
Prior to hitting the market the system has already seen extensive use on both the road, with 500 being given away across Europe for testing & feedback, and track where it has been in use in MotoGP for in excess of 3 years.
Since release the system has seen use from a number of top level riders – Josh Brookes, Jason O’halloran, Jules Cluzel, Aleix Espargaro, Tito Rabat, Brad Binder & Miguel Oliveira, amongst others across MotoGP, WorldSBK & BSB competitions. Further aiding the development of this ever improving system.
The Vortex 2 is fully airbag compatible, designed with the IX-Airbag U03 in mind. Futher features include:
- Micro-perforated leather chest, arm and leg panels for ventilation
- Flex leather on sides up to the back of armholes, on bottom back and over the knee
- Stretch panels reinforced with aramid fibres inside sleeves, at the crotch and behind calves
- External sleek shoulder and elbow sliders
- Removable knee sliders
- Aerodynamic perforated race hump with space and passage for hydration bag
- Anatomic zip cuffs with tightening straps
- Calve zips for easy fitment
- Removable mesh internal lining
- CE approved elbow, shoulder, hip and knee armour included
- Pocket for an optional back protector
Available in 7 different colours
Sizes S-3XL in every colour with various colours adding further sizes.
£379.99 RRP + subscription or purchase fee